"OK, I’VE SEEN ENOUGH."
That’s what Hall of Famer Jerry West said after watching Kobe Bryant workout with Laker legend Michael Cooper. West’s scouting report was simple:
"Best workout I’ve ever seen. He’s better than anybody we have on the team right now. Let’s go."
From West’s memoir: "When I said I had seen enough, I meant it. I knew who he was, and just from looking at his eyes, I knew what he wanted."
Larry Bird once called 5x champion, Michael Cooper, the best defender he ever faced. Cooper’s assessment of Bryant after their head-to-head battle?
"Shit, this guy can play."
Kobe’s career (so far) in one graph.
Under Regular Season:
- All-D = All-Defensive 1st and 2nd Teams.
- S.C. = Scoring Champ, with P meaning Points Per Game, and T meaning Total Points.
- R under Appearances = Rookie Event in the All-Star Weekend.
- C = Contest.
- D = stands for Dunk Contest.
- W = Western Conference Champs.
- S.C. = see above in Regular Season.
- AC = FIBA Americas Championship
- OLY = Olympic Games
The striped areas mean that he wasn’t participating in the given event that year.
The rest should be pretty self-explanatory.